Personal data protection
Operator of the internet site and shop: Display Me s.r.o.
Headquarters: Jeronýmova 1460/2, Říčany, ZIP code 25101
Registration Number: 08220891, VAT Number: CZ 08220891
Registered: in the Commercial Register maintained by the Municipal Court in Prague, No. 315030
Tel: +420 739 940 355
hereinafter referred to as "Display Me
In this document, we would like to inform you of important information regarding the processing of personal data in the operation of Display Me's online shop ("Online Shop
") at the website www.displayme.shop (the "Websites
For what purpose do we process personal data?
1. We process personal data for the purpose of providing services and delivering goods to our customers through the Online Shop, including you. In order to conclude a purchase contract with you via the Online Shop, we need to know your identification and contact details. For this purpose, we do not need your consent to process this personal data; the legal reason in this case is the performance of the contract. We also process your personal data for the purpose of further performance resulting from the services provided by us. In particular, this applies to cases where there is a return or complaint of goods.
2. We also process personal data for marketing purposes: In some cases, we need your consent to send you commercial communications, e.g. if you participate in a marketing event and consent to receive commercial communications. We also process your personal data for the purpose of fulfilling marketing events, evaluation, termination, delivery of any prizes, etc... Consent is not required for such processing, as without processing personal data it is not possible to fulfill the event. The personal data will only be processed for the duration of the marketing event in question and for a maximum of one year.
We may send commercial communications to customers to whom we have provided our services, i.e. to whom we have sold goods within the Online Shop, to their e-mail. We do not need your consent for this, as it is a legitimate interest of Display Me to offer additional services to its customers. Your personal data will be processed in this way for a period of three years. However, of course we do not want to bother anyone if they do not wish to do so. It is possible to cancel the sending of a commercial communication by clicking on the link at the very end of the communication.
We are entitled to process your personal data in order to protect our rights and legitimate interests, typically in the event of any dispute. In this case, we do not need your consent to process your personal data.
The processing of some personal data is directly required by law, e.g. we are obliged to keep tax documents for a legally prescribed period of time.
We also process so-called cookies, which are short text files generated by a web server and stored on your computer via your browser. For more information on the processing of cookies, please visit the Website.
Who can you contact?
Do you want to know what personal data we process about you?
Display Me ensures the proper processing and security of personal data in accordance with generally binding legal regulations. In matters relating to the processing of personal data, you can primarily contact Display Me directly, which is the controller of the personal data it processes in connection with its business, in particular the operation of the Online Shop. The delivery address (including email and data box) and telephone number of our company can be found in the header of this document. All contact details can also be found on our Website.
If you are interested in knowing what personal data we process about you, you can contact us at any time with a request for details of the processing of personal data and we will provide you with detailed information free of charge or provide you with a copy of the processed data. This is your right to access your personal data. However, we must advise you that in the event of repeated or unreasonable requests, we are entitled to charge you for the costs involved in providing the information or to refuse to provide the information.
What other matters can you contact us about and what rights do you have in this regard?
- You have the right to rectification of your personal data, i.e. you can contact Display Me to request rectification if the data that Display Me holds about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date;
- You have the right to have your personal data erased, i.e. you can contact Display Me to request that your personal data processed by Display Me be erased. In order for the data to be erased, it must be one of the following: (i) the data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was processed, (ii) you have withdrawn your consent to the processing, (iii) the data was unlawfully processed, (iv) the data must be erased to comply with a legal obligation, or (v) the data was collected in connection with the offering of information society services;
- You have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data, i.e. you can ask Display Me to restrict the processing of your personal data. In order for the processing to be restricted, it must be one of the following cases: (i) you contest the accuracy of your personal data, or (ii) the processing is unlawful but you refuse to erase such personal data, or (iii) you request the processing of personal data for the purpose of pursuing your claims, even though the purpose for which Display Me processed the data has already been fulfilled, or (iv) you have objected to the processing and it has not yet been verified that Display Me's legitimate interests outweigh your legitimate interests;
- You have the right to transfer your personal data, i.e. you can ask Display Me to provide your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to transfer it directly to another controller. The transfer can only take place if the processing is based on a contract or your consent and is also automated processing;
- You may withdraw the consent you have given to the processing of your personal data at any time;
- If you exercise any of your rights relating to personal data, Display Me has the right to request proof of your identity. Thus, the request for access to personal data must be sent from the applicant's email address. If the request is made in a different form or from a different e-mail address, Display Me has the right to request additional verification by replying to the verification e-mail. In the event that the applicant does not prove his/her identity within 14 days of the sending of the verification e-mail, his/her request to exercise rights will not be accepted. In justified cases, Display Me reserves the right to request more precise verification of the data subject's identity, e.g. by means of a certified signature or by means of a data mailbox (such a situation may arise if Display Me reasonably believes that the data subject is not the one requesting access to the personal data and that this could constitute a leakage of personal data).
When is it possible to object to the processing of personal data? You have the right to object in the following cases in particular:
- You can object to the processing of personal data carried out by Display Me on the basis of its legitimate interest. In this case, your personal data will no longer be processed unless Display Me demonstrates to you that its legitimate interest overrides your interests.
- You can object to the processing of your personal data if we process your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In this case, your personal data will no longer be processed.
What can you do if you believe that Display Me is processing your personal data unlawfully? You have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority, which is the Data Protection Authority.
What personal data do we process?
We process only the necessary basic data, i.e. identification data (name and surname, IP address, residential or registered office address, possibly also delivery address, registration number, VAT number) and contact data, i.e. your e-mail and telephone number.
We also process data about your purchase or the services provided, including any communication, in particular if it concerns a complaint, return of goods or the exercise of your rights.
We obtain all personal data directly from you.
What authorization do we have to process personal data?
We always process your personal data on the basis of one of the legal grounds for each processing purpose.
In most cases, the processing of personal data is necessary for the conclusion and performance of a contract. In this case, we do not need your consent for processing.
In some cases, we process personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest. This includes, for example, sending you commercial communications or where Display Me is asserting claims or protecting its rights and legitimate interests (e.g. when we take legal action for payment of an unpaid purchase price, etc.).
Another legal reason for processing personal data is a legal obligation imposed on us by generally binding legal regulations.
In some cases, the processing of personal data is based on your consent in order to provide various benefits to our registered customers or for the purpose of evaluating the quality of our services.
To whom do we pass on personal data? Display Me carefully considers and assesses whether the transfer of personal data to another recipient is necessary and, in particular, whether the potential recipient is able to ensure adequate protection of the personal data transferred. The transfer of personal data takes place exclusively on the basis of a written contract for the processing of personal data. Display Me transfers personal data:
- independent entrepreneurs with whom we cooperate and who operate brick-and-mortar stores;
- sending commercial communications to service providers;
- payment service providers and payment processors to secure the transfer of funds;
- service providers, postal and shipping services;
- certain personal data may be transmitted to the relevant public authorities on request.
The persons to whom the data is transmitted are not authorised to process the data for any other purpose or to transmit it to any other person without the consent or instruction of Display Me, unless they have a lawful reason to do so.
Do we transfer your data to another country outside the European Union?
We do not transfer your personal data to a country outside the European Union (or outside the EEA countries, i.e. the European Economic Area) where a sufficient standard of protection of personal data would not be ensured. Nor do we intend to transfer personal data outside the European Union.
How long will we process your personal data?
How long will we process your personal data? The duration of the processing of personal data is indicated for the specific purposes of processing in this document. The period for which we will process your personal data is determined by our obligations under the contract we have entered into with you and other obligations imposed on us by law, such as the obligation to archive statutory documents. In some cases, the duration of the processing of personal data depends on the duration of your consent to the processing. In any case, we destroy data that is not necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose or for which we have no lawful basis for processing.